Links to Psychology
A summary of some of the more direct links to psychology
The list below will take you to the desired section in this reference to links section.
Courses in Psychology on the Internet
General Search Engines
General Search Engines for Psychology
Psychology Related Laboratories
Courses in Psychology on the Internet
- Introduction to Psychology
- First semester introductory course in psychology.
- Physiological Psychology
- Junior and senior level course in brain-behavior relationships
- A series of course outlines covering much of the material in neuropsychology
- Introductory Psychology online review
- Morris Study Guide
- Course Syllabus
- This basic introductory survey course is offered through the Internet or in the traditional classroom. The information on this page describes General Psychology as an Internet class.
- Introductory Psychology
- Good comprhensive links to many psychology related sites. A good location for augmenting introductory psychology courses.
- Honors Seminar: Inferential Statistics
- The goal of this course is to introduce and discuss the underlying nature of statistical inference, describe different statistical methods, practice analyzing real data using SYSTAT, and compare and contrast different approaches and their outcomes.
- General Psychology Course
- This document is an access-point for materials needed to complete the P103 General Psychology Course.
- Research Design
- Research Design explained by Mark L. Mitchell and Janina M. Jolley
- Teaching Clinical Psychology
- This site is devoted to sharing ideas and resources for the teaching of clinical psychology, especially undergraduate courses on abnormal psychology, psychotherapy, group dynamics, psychological testing, and clinical components of introductory psychology.
- This link will take you to Robert J. Sternberg's In Search of the Human Mind. This unique site offers an abstract of each chapter and provides links to Web sites that are related to the chanpter. Go there, you won't be disappointed!!
- The American Psychological Association (APA)
- This site provides access to the home page of the APA. Membership information, several journals, and other online services are available in a well-organized format.
- American Psychological Society (APS)
- This site offers APS administrative information, APS services (incuding employment bulletin and psychology department home pages), and internet resources for everyone from teachers to publishers to graduate students. Unfortuantely, this site is accessed through Hanover College, which may cause you some delays in searches.
- The British Psychological Society
- This developing site serves as the home page for The British Psychological Society. Links can be followe to all U.K. universities, as well as international psychological societes.
- Society for the Quantitative Analysis of Behavior (SQAB)
- Home page for SQAB. Also provides abstracts of papers presented at SQAB conferences.
- Cognitive Neuroscience Society
- This is a home page for the CNS and does not provide any links.
- Georgia Tech Cognitive Sciences Group
- This site provides a comprehensive listing of Cognitive Science Web resources. It is easily accessible and professional.
- International Society of Political Psychology
- At this site, you can browse back issues of Political Psychology. Links to other Web sites are also provided.
- The Society for Judgment and Decision Making
- this site is the home page for The Society for Judgment and Decision Making. Travel to its "Related Links" and check out Decision Analysis links, as well as Psychology and Behavioral Decision Theory.
- Society for Computers in Psychology (SCiP)
- this site only provides information on the SCiP and titles, authors, and abstracts of papers presented at past SCiP conferences.
- Society for Neuroscience
- This site provides information related to the Society for Neuroscience, as well as limited access to the The Journal of Neuroscience. It does not appear to offer any related links to other neuroscience Web sites.
- American Board of Professional Neuropsychology
- This site provides information about the American Board of Professional neuropsychology.
- The Federation of Behavioral, Psychological, and Cognitive Sciences
- this site provides membership information and access to the societies comprising The Federation of Behavioral, Psychological and Cognitive Sciences.
- This site by Armin Gunther provides a search engine for articles in psychology and social sciences journals.
- American Psychological Association (APA) Journals
- This APA site organizes APA journals by topic area, alphabetically, and provides additional information such as abstract info, back issues, etc., as well as an option which searches all journals by page.
- Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis (JABA)
- You can conduct a keyword search of all titles, authors, and abstracts of JABA at this location. The results will provide you with an abstract of the appropriate articles. In addition, you have the option of searching both the JABA and Journal of the Experimental Analysis of Behavior (JEAB) at this location. This site is stream-lined and easy to use.
- Journal of the Experimental Analysis of Behavior (JEAB)
- Keyword searches of all titles, authors, and abstracts of the JEAB can be conducted at this site. The results will provide you with an abstract of the articles. In addition, you have the option of including a search of the Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis (JABA) in your request. This site is easy to use.
- Learning & Memory
- this site includes a table of contents for all Learning and Memory journals, subscription information, and instructions on submitting articles. Abstracts of journal articles are not available at this site.
- Journal of Cognitive Rehabilitation
- The Neuroscience Center Website hosts the Journal of Cognitive Rehabilitation. This site is under development and will be completed in May, 1997. Looks interesting--stay tuned.
- Journal of Mind and Behavior
- this journal site provides access to abstracts of all current and back issues. You can conduct keyword searches by clicking on "Contents of Back Issues" on the menu provided. Also provides information on manuscript submissions, subscriptions, etc.
- Psycoloquy -- Psychology
- this site is a refereed electronic journal sponsored on an experimental basis by the APA. Researchers can publish online and receive feedback from peers. This journal can be received via email or Usenet.
- Theory & Psychology Journal
- this journal site only lists indexes of current and back issues of Theory & Psychology. It does have a keyword search; however, search results only produce the article title, etc. No abstracts are available. Related links are provied, as well as access to the University of Calgary, Canada, Web sites.
- Selected Stories from the APA Monitor
- takes you to the Home site of The APA Monitor online.
- Clinical Psychology Resources
- Supported by the Department of Clinical and Applied Psychology at the University of Bonn, Germany. It contains WWW resources for clinical and abnormal psychology, Behavioral Medicine, and mental health. Sites are divided into Disorders, Assessment, Journals, Behavioral Medicine, Organisations, Starting Points, Psychotherapy, Departments, Bits & Pieces, and What's new. Clinical Psychology Resources also also hosts resources for psychological conferences, psychological online documents, and cognitive psychology. A great professional that loads quickly and is kept up-to-date.
- Megalist of Psychological Sites
- Related Sites on the Web--this site is part of the Psych Web listing and provides links to other sites with large collections of psychology-related links. The links listed at this site comprise a broad range of subject areas such as artificial intelliegence, clinical and cognitive psychology, mental health, self-help, and research resources. Downloads easily.
- Psych Web Links
- Provides up-to-date links to other psychology sites. These sites are categorized and include areas such as self-help, scholarly resources, brochures and articles, and some home pages. This site does mirror two overseas sites--most notably Britian's Mind Tools site. It also has an extensive section for undergraduates seeking information on careers and graduate education in psychology. I would recommend this site for undergraduates and some practitioners; however, serious researchers and Web browsers will probably not find to much of interest.
- Supported by The Department of Psychology at Nipissing University. PsycSite is a launch pad to other educational and professional psychology Net sites. This site does not include links to self-help or parapsychology sites. PsycSite includes a resource help page for the site, a professional centre, a student centre, info sources such as journals, abstracts, etc., sorted by subject; software; list servers and news groups related to psychology; a psychology chat room and resource persons among other things. This site loads easily and appears to be fairly comprehensive.
- UCLA Statistics Preprints
- This site lists a vast array of articles focusing on quantitative analysis techniques and applied quantitative methods. Unfortunately, there is not a keyword search option. Also, be prepared to download any requests for viewing.
- Medline Searches
- This site searched medline articles.
- The ShrinkTank BBS Web Site
- A most interesting and useful Web Site containing psychology related software, search engines, and related links to psychology and mental health on the internet.
- Cognitive and Psychological Sciences on the Internet
- A U.K. based index to resources relevant to research in cognitive psychology and psychology. It does not cover clinical, etc. This index is availale as one large index for keyword searches or as an interlinked set of files.
- Index of Psychology and Related Departments
- This site is maintained by Hanover College. It provides links to numerous U.S. and some international departments of psychology. Many of these links are to psychology related laboratories such as cognitive science, artificial intelligence, neuroscience, etc.
- Social Science Information Gateway - SOSIG: Psychology Section
- World Resources: Psychology--this site offers almost 100 links with other sites. Each site is listed by name only, which sometimes makes it difficult to decipher the nature of the site. However, there are some excellent choices that are clearly labeled. The Social Science Information Gateway (click "Home" on this page) is a huge database encompassing all of the social sciences and may be helpful to researchers.
- Psychology Information (UCSC)
- Provides launch pads to 32 U.S. and international sites. Many of these sites will be cross-referenced in this index. This site could serve as a great home base for extensive Web searches in psychology, neuroscience, and cognitive science.
- Psychology Resource List (Gopher)
- This U.K.-based gopher is gigantic. This site is a great research tool.
- This site is the mental health division of PsychScape WorldWide, Inc. The Main Menu provides options for Mental Health Workshops & Conference Registry, Therapist Information Networks, Speakers' Bureau, Products & Services Notebooks, Careers & Opportunities, and Publication Previews. This site does not offer anything substantial to academic research.
- An interactive graphic system for experimental design and control on Macintosh. Only visit this site if you want to download experiment design software for Macintosh.
- Psychological Resources
- Provides links to the following resource collections: Cognitive and Psychological Sciences, Mental Health Resources, Neurosciences on the Internet, Psych Web, Scientific Psychology, and the Social Psychology Network. It also has a search by topic, people, and software.
- CTI Centre for Psychology
- This site focuses on the use of computers within the teaching of psychology. Provides information on psychology software and some IT activities. This site is a United Kingdom site. Downloads easily, profesional.
- Psychology and Related Sites
- This site is managed by the University of Northern British Columbia (UNBC) and is an exhaustive compilation of psychology department and laboratory web sites for both U.S. and international universities. Included in this list are links to some psychology indexes as well. It appears that many of the links emphasize cognitive science, artificial intelligence, neuroscience, perceptual science, etc.
General Search Engines
- Alta Vista
- Web Crawler
General Search Engines for Psychology
- Alta Vista Psychology Search
- Image Surfer
- Yellow Pages
- People Search
- City Maps
- Get Local
- Today's Web Events & Chats
- More Yahoos
- The University of Memphis Psychology Department (Arts&Science)
- The Department of Psychology Home page.
- Vanderbilt University Psychology Department (Arts&Science)
- Includes clinical science, cognitive science, and neuroscience departments. You can also access the Vanderbilt Vision Research Center, and the library's Information Resources in Psychology (travel to the Department of Psychology Home page). The WWW Links: Psychology Links at this page is an excellent source of links for cognitive science research.
- Carnegie Mellon University -- Psychology
- Check out this Web site if you are interested in cognitive psychology, cognitive science, or artificial intelligence. Great source of info and additional links.
- U. of California at Davis Center for Neuroscience
- This site links to the Cognitive Neuroscience Society, Journal of Cognitive Neurosciences, Related WWW Sites of Interest, and the NATO Advanced Studies Institute. Related WWW Sites of Interest is a goldmine of neuroscience links that will take you anywhere you have to time to go!!!
- U. of California at Irvine Cognitive Sciences Department
- This is a Cognitive Sciences site with links to related sites and some neuroscience sites.
- U. of California at Los Angeles Department of Psychology
- This site offers links to psychology-related sites that are general, cognitive and education psychology sites. Travel back to the U.C.L.A. Home page to check out the cognitive science and neuroscience programs.
- U. of California at San Diego Cognitive Science Department
- Check out "Tech Reports & Software" at this site if you are interested in computer applications related to cognitive science.
- U. of New Mexico Psychology Department
- This site offers a wide-range of links from clinical psychology to neuroscience Web sites.
- Academic Units of Brown University
- When you reach this site, you must go into each department to gather links; however, it is well worth it. This site is professional and uncluttered. Be sure to visit the Department of Neuroscience. Neuro Links will link you to the best of the best in Neuroscience on the Web.
- University of Texas Neural Net
- The Brown University Institute for Brain and Neural Systems says this site "... is probably the best on the Web" for Neurocomputation and Neural Net sites.
- The University of Washington
- Great neuroscience site with lots of links. You should visit William H. Calvin's home page while you are there.
Psychology Related Laboratories
- SouthEastern Behavior Analysis Center
- Jacksonville State University, Jacksonville, AL, hosts this site. The center offers some information on behavior experiment paradigms.
- U. of Southampton Psychology and Cognitive Sciences Centre
- This site provides access to the Cognitive Centre at the University if Southampton (U.K.), as well as access to Psycoloquy journal archives and the archives of Behavioural and Brain Sciences (BBS) journals. Great site for cognitive science research.
- U. of Texas Neural Nets Research Group
- Brown Univerity Institute for Brain and Neural Systems says this site "... is probably the best on the Web" for Neurocomputation and Neural Net sites.
- U. of Texas Qualitative Reasoning Research Group
- This group onducts research in Qualitative Reasoning about the Physical World, Spatial Reasoning and Intelligent Robotics, and Access-Limited Logic for Knowledge Representation. This site includes access to papers and software and a yellow pages.
- U. of Waterloo Computational Epistemology Lab
- Focuses on cognitive science and related areas of philosophy. Also provides links to other cognitive science sites.
- Artificial Intelligence Resources
- Anything you could want regarding artificial intelligence is probably indexed on this page.
- Austrian Research Institute for AI
- This European-based research group has an extensive homepage reviewing current research projects and links to similar groups and sites in Europe.
- BYU Neural Networks and Machine Learning
- This site contains information about BYU's efforts, as well as group members, upcoming conferences, related graduate courses, and links to other Neural Network and Machine Learning resources.
- Cambridge U. Applied Psychology unit
- Provides information about the unit, as well as available positions. Does not appear to list any links with other units or provide research areas.
- CMU -- Center for the Neural Basis of Cognition
- This site details Carnegie Mellon's interdisciplinary researh institute that investigates learning and computer technology. It inculdes information about faculty and staff, as well as some links to other related sites on the Web.
- CMU -- Social & Decision Sciences Department
- Change URL to "http://hss.cmu.edu/HTML/departments/sds/sds.html". Never mind, delete this site. It only offers information about the Department of Social and Decision Sciences at CMU and does not detail any related research or Web sites.
- Edgeworth Behavioral Measurement Lab
- This lab focuses its efforts on the application of mathematics and mathematical principles to behavioral science. Includes listings of working papers in the Edgeworth Series in Quantitative Behavuioural Science. Also provides access to statistical and methodological journals on the Web. Contains Web links to related information and four browsers ready to search.
- EINet Galaxy Psychology Listing
- This site provides a comprehensive listing of indexes in a wide range of psychological and health-related fields.
- U. of Bergen Department of Psychology Psychometrics Unit (Norway)
- This site is a page of links developed by the University of Bergen Department of Psychology Psychometrics Unit that can be helpful to researchers.
- U. of Bonn Psychology Department
- Most of the information is In German; however, if you continue to scroll down the page, you will find that the links are in English. These links are some of the best on the Web and any researcher will want to check them out.
- U. of British Columbia Computational Intelligence Lab
- This site does offer some information on the lab's efforts in the area of artificial intelligence and provides several key links.
- U. of Calgary Psychology Department
- U. of Calgary's site offers information on university-related research, an extensive listing of key Web links, and Web access to the journal Theory & Psychology.
- U. of California at Santa Cruz Perceptual Science Lab
- This site details the lab's explorations of experimental and theoretical inquiries in perception and cognition. An easy-to-use index provides you with numerous options including The American Journal of Psychology book reviews and links to related Web sites.
- U. of Maryland at College Park Lab for Automation Psychology
- This site connects you to the home page for the lab. Here you can find out information on current and past research conducted at the lab, and information about faculty, staff members, and students. Links are provided to the Human Computer Interaction Laboratory, the Department of Psychology, and Behavioral and Social Sciences. This site is also equipped with a search engine for the server.
- U. of Michigan AI Lab
- This site provides information about the AI program at the University of Michigan; faculty,staff, and students, and related Web sites.
- U. of Pennsylvania Institute for Research in Cognitive Science
- This site provides information about the Cognitive Science program at the University of Pennsylvania. There are no related links at this site.
- Neuropsychology Central
- This site leads you to various resources related to neuropsychology.
- William Calvin's Home page
- Calvin's home page is a great neuroscience site. You never know where you'll end up after you visit this site.
- Various Psychology Departments
- This link takes you to Hanover University's Web listing of psychology `departments.
- This is some light, humorous reading for when you need a break. Check it out!
- This search engine specializes in health-related information on the Web.
- Annual Reviews
- This links you the the Annual Review of Psychology. You can also order chapters and vaolumes of the Annual Review from this location. You can search the index of 1995-1998. Unfortunately, there are no previous issues available to search.
- This site is Harcourt Brace's psychology pages. You can find anything that Harcour Brace has on psychology at this location. It is very easy to use and fun to browse.
- This site is maintained by the University of Wollongong. It has some great links available and you can join the Internet Psychology Resources Mailing List here as well.
- World Wide Psychology Links
- This site will give you links to psychology-related Web sites in the UK and world wide. Most of these links are found on this links page as well.
- This site will provide you with a huge number of links to psychology-related Web sites. Some of these links will be the same ones found here but there are several others that appear interesting.
- UWA People
- This is a people-finding search engine for the University of Washington. Also contains a global Email Directory Service that is free.
- This site contains numerous Internet-related downloads.
- for The University of Memphis Neuropsychology Home Page
- C J Long's Home Page
- Psychology Departments in Britain and Ireland
- provides links to numerous academic institutions in Britian and Ireland, as well as European institution links (maintained by University of Bonn) and world-wide links (maintained by University of Hanover). Does not offer any other resources than academic institutions. Downloads easily, professional.
- Univeristy of Wales, Bangor - Psychology
- This site is the home page for the Psychology department at the University of Wales, Bangor. It does not provide any related links but does describe research currently being conducted in the department.
- Universitšt Freiburg - Psychologisches Institut
- This home page is in German, although some of it can be viewed in English. It does not provide any additional links.
- Oxford MRC Research Centre in Brain and Behaviour
- This link will take you to the home page for the Medical Research Council (MRC) Interdisciplinary Research Centre for Cognitive Neuroscience at Oxford University. It provides you with information regarding the Centre and its operations. There are a few links to other relevant sites.
- U. of Sheffield Psychology Department
- This site offers information about the Psychology Department at the University of Sheffield. Additional links to other psychology-related sites can be found by clicking on "info" at this page.
- U. of Sussex School of Cognitive and Computing Sciences
- This site details the School's cognitive clinical psychology research group and other related groups. It also provides information about the department but does not offer any other psychology-related sites.
- U. of Tromso Department of Psychology (Norway)
- This site provides information regarding psychology programs at the University of Tromso, Norway. In addition, it offers some links to other interesting sites. Some of the links are English, and some are not.
- U. of Bamberg Psychology Department
- An English version of the site is provided. This site offers information about psychology at the University of Bamberg, Bamberg, Germany.
- U. of Leeds Psychology Department
- This site provides department information and links to other psychology-related Web sites.
- U. of Nottingham psychology Department
- This site provides information on the various research groups within the department at the University of Nottingham. In addition, it offers a tremendous number of links to other Web sites worlwide that look promising.
- U. of Otago Psychology Department
- This site contains department information concerning the psychology department at the University of Otago in Australia. No additional links are provided.
- Universität Stuttgart Instititute of Natural Language processing
- This site provides information concerning research projects at the Institute of Natural Language Processing. An English version of the site is available. There are some great links offered at the end of the index.
- U. of Alberta Psychology Department
- This site is a great psychology department home page. It provides an index for easy access to various types of information concerning the department and also has a great listing of psychology-related wWeb sites.
- Systems Neuroscience
- Eric H. Chudler Ph.D. has created an excellent review of neuroscience. His page presents a very comprehensive overview of neuroscience related topics including such things as: His Research Interests and Publications; Tutorials, Courses, Imaging; Departments, People; Professional Organizations; Government Agencies;
Grant and Funding Opportunities; Neuroscience Journals; Neuroscience, Psychology; Neurological Disorders;
Entertainment, Tourist Info; Search Engines; Reference, Science; Commerical Neuroscience Resources;
Electrophysiological, Behavioral; Travel and Weather; Air, Land, Water, National, International; and What's New
- Neuroscience Web Search Engine.
- Web Search Engine devoted entirely to Neuroscience, developed by Fred K. Lenherr, Ph.D.
- The Neuroscience Center
- This site is a collection of neuroscience and neuroscience-related Web sites. It is currently under development but looks promising. Most browsers will require a plug-in to view some of the page and The Neuroscience Center provides you with an option to download FutureSplash. This is a "Must See!!"
- Complete Neuroscience Listing
- For a complete listing of bioscience entries go to the Harvard location.
- Neuroscience (Biosciences)
- The World-Wide Web Virtual Library provides an excellent comprehensive locator.
- Neurosciences on the Internet
- Provides information on human neurological diseases.
- Psychology Section
- Neuropsychology majors will definitely want to check out.
- A Brief Tour of the Brain
- Appears to be a course on the Web. It is extensive, thorough and would be a good study aid and reference for physio students.
- Basic Human Anatomy
- Provides an analysis of the nervous system that is well-written and complete.
- The Human Corpus Callosum
- Should be a definite stop on your study list. It is a superior treatment of the corpus callosum and provides a link to the Shufflebrain main menu. The Shufflebrain is an exciting and easy-to-use production with lots of options.
- Acquired Brain Injury
- The Perspectives Network, Inc. (TPN) is a not-for-profit organization offering a wide array of information concerning acquired/traumatic brain injury.
- Neuropathology Laboratory
- Department of Neurology, University Medical School, Debrecen.
- External View of the Brain
- Provides a great, user-friendly, gross anatomy of the brain.
- Clickable Map of the Brain Surface
- has excellent gross anatomy information.
- The Digital Anatomist
- One of the better sites for neuroanatomy.
- Human Image Dataset
- Another source of human neuroanatomy.
- Nervous System histology - one of the best sites.
- Histology of the Peripheral Nervous System
- Compliments the HistoWeb site and rounds out the nervous system histology section rather well.
OTHER NEUROSCIENCE AREAS OF INTEREST
- The Journal of Chemical Neuroanatomy
- A good research reference.
- Neuroanatomy and Neuropathology on the Internet
- Will link to the University of Debrecen Laboratory.
- Lists of anatomy titles
- University of California, San Francisco bookstore.
- Neuroanatomy Study Slides
- Good on a high resolution system.
- The Brain Atlas Project
- Provides everything you want to know about the zebrafish/s CNS and more.
- Towards the Neuronal Substrate of Visual Consciousness
- Provides a look at advanced research for vision-related topics.
In your search of the internet, if you discover other helpful sites please E-Mail the address and a brief statement and I will add it to the list.
This site uses many features of Netscape 3.x and Microsoft Explorer